Australian Consumer Law
Our Returns Policy includes, and does not seek to exclude or limit, the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law (if you are a consumer) and other relevant laws.
If you are a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law:
- All goods sold by MyClubShop come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods replaced or repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the Australian Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period for which a remedy may be available can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Therefore, as you can understand, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
Returning a Product
If a product purchased from MyClubShop turns out to be faulty, we will strive to resolve the issue as soon as possible. This generally helps resolve the problem faster. Contact us and will be glad to assist you. If we are not satisfied that you purchased the product from us then we may elect whether or not to accept your product for return.
Lodging a Claim
Here are the steps to take in order to lodge a warranty return with us:
- Contact us with the nature of the perceived fault. There may also be a known fix or workaround and we can guide you in that direction.
- If the request appears to be a manufacturing problem we will request you return the faulty goods. Please ensure your description is sufficient for our staff to find and trouble shoot any suspected faults during testing upon return to us.
Once it’s established that you need to return the item purchased from our online store, you should follow the guidelines below:
- Ensure the product is packed well to avoid any in-transit damage.
- Mark clearly your order number on the outside of the box, with our return address below.
- Please only send back the piece of equipment suspected of a fault, i.e. do not return manuals, boxes, or other accessories that you wish to keep as we cannot be responsible for the return or lack thereof of additional once a 3rd party vendor has processed the warranty claim.
- If you are unsure of exactly what to send back, please contact us.
- Goods arriving damaged will not be accepted.
- Inadequately packaged goods may incur a $25 packaging fee on return.
- Goods returned charged to us will not be accepted.
- MyClubShop cannot be held responsible for any damage caused during return transit.
- Under no circumstances will MyClubShop ship out replacement goods before the warranty items have been received by our warranty department.
Once proof of purchase has been established, the available remedy will depend on the nature of the fault. You are entitled to a refund or exchange if an item has a MAJOR problem. This is when the item:
- Has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it.
- Is unsafe.
- Is significantly different from the sample or description.
- Doesn't do what we said it would or what you asked for and can’t be easily fixed.
Alternatively, you can choose to keep the item and we would compensate you for any fall in value consequential from the fault.
- If the problem is NOT MAJOR, we will repair the item within a reasonable time. If it is not repaired in a reasonable time you are entitled to a refund or replacement.
- If upon inspection, no fault is found with the product, or that the product been damaged due to misuse or neglect, we may charge you the costs incurred by us in connection with the assessment of your product, including any shipping costs.
- If the product does not match its advertised description, we may provide you with a choice between a refund or store credit (including online store) to the value of the product purchased.
When you are NOT entitled to a refund or exchange
Under the Australian Consumer Law, you have the right to return a product and get a refund or exchange if the product does not meet certain consumer guarantees - for example, if the product is faulty.
You do not have a right to return a product if you:
- Changed your mind and no longer want the product
- Ordered the wrong product
- Found the product cheaper elsewhere
- Found a better product elsewhere
- Were aware of the relevant fault before buying the product (such as if the fault was written on the product's tag, or for online purchases, indicated in any photos or descriptions of the item online)
- Damaged the product by misusing it (such as if you dropped your mobile phone in water)
- Used the product for a long time and the problem is because of usual wear and tear.
Shipping and Other Costs
Returning small and medium-sized items.
- You are responsible for returning small and medium-sized items to MyClubShop. If you bought the item online, this means you must initially pay the return postage, shipping or courier costs.
- Once we have the item, we will assess the problem. If the item has a major or minor fault, you are entitled to a refund of return costs.
- Goods tested and found to be non-faulty will be returned at your cost.
- If the product returned is found to be non-faulty upon inspection, you will be charged a $45 testing fee, or 10% of RRP for products under $100.
Returning large or heavy items
MyClubShop will pay the return costs, or collect the item ourselves if:
- The item has a major or minor fault
- The item cannot be easily returned
- The return costs are significant
Please use the address below to return products to us:
NOTE: We cannot accept any C.O.D. items, sending this way will unfortunately result in delays caused by refusal to accept delivery.
ATT: Warranty (Your Order Number)
24A/49 Corporate Boulevard
Once we have ascertained that a refund needs be issued to you, it can take up to 2 weeks for the amount to be credited to your account. All refunds will be provided back in the original tender. Bank Transfers, cheques and debit cards will be refunded as bank transfers, PayPal payments will be credited back to the PayPal account concerned and credit card refunds are processed back onto the original credit card.